- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Essner - Panosian
BENTON, Mo. -- Janelle Elizabeth Essner and Timothy Daniel Panosian were married July 16, 2011, at St. Augustine Catholic Church in Kelso, Mo. Monsignor Edward Eftink performed the ceremony. Organist was Betty Ressel of Kelso and vocalist was Jim Simmons of Benton.
Parents of the couple are Larry and Betty Essner of Benton, and Daniel and Karen Panosian of Elmira, N.Y.
Maid of honor was Kayla Essner of Columbia, Mo., sister of the bride. Matron of honor was Maggie Schuh of Cincinnati, Ohio. Bridesmaids were Katie Cruz of Benton; Lindsey Nauser of St. Louis; Rachel Panosian of Ithaca, N.Y., and Elizabeth Suman of Rochester, N.Y., both sisters of the groom.
Stephen Panosian of Denver, Colo., was his brother's best man. Groomsmen were Joseph Rojas of Boston, Mass.; Michael Broderick of Washington, D.C.; Matthew Essner of Columbia and Justin Essner of Orlando, Fla., both brothers of the bride.
Program attendants were Jody Essner, sister-in-law of the bride; Garrett and Brock Essner, nephews of the bride, all of Columbia.
The reception was held at Bavarian Halle in Jackson.
Mrs. Panosian is a 2004 graduate of Notre Dame Regional High School. She received a bachelor's degree in special education from the University of Missouri-Columbia in 2008, and a master's of education in applied behavior analysis from Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tenn., in 2010. She is a special education teacher with Francis Howell School District in St. Charles, Mo.
The groom received a bachelor's degree in biochemistry from Binghampton University in 2005, and a doctorate in pharmacology from Vanderbilt in 2010. He is a structural biologist at Monsanto.
After a wedding trip to Jamaica, the couple is residing in Ballwin, Mo.