- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)21
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
PES students release balloons
First graders at Perryville Elementary School sent their wishes skyward during a recent reading lesson that ended in a balloon release.
The students read The Lady In the Moon by Lily Wong Fillmore."The story is about the Moon Festival in China," said first grade teacher Rose Rosenzweig. "The children celebrate with special food like moon cakes and then write poems which are wishes they send by reading to the Lady in The Moon."
At PES, the students wrote their wishes on cards and signed their names. The reverse of the card explains the project and asks the finders of the balloons to mail the card back to the school.
"We can't wait to see where our wishes went," Rosenzweig said.