- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)8
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)14
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
PES students release balloons
First graders at Perryville Elementary School sent their wishes skyward during a recent reading lesson that ended in a balloon release.
The students read The Lady In the Moon by Lily Wong Fillmore."The story is about the Moon Festival in China," said first grade teacher Rose Rosenzweig. "The children celebrate with special food like moon cakes and then write poems which are wishes they send by reading to the Lady in The Moon."
At PES, the students wrote their wishes on cards and signed their names. The reverse of the card explains the project and asks the finders of the balloons to mail the card back to the school.
"We can't wait to see where our wishes went," Rosenzweig said.