- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)15
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Jackson man charged with assault after incident at Cape bar (06/24/16)1
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Business notebook: Plastics firm moves to area to help laid-off workers (06/20/16)1
PES students release balloons
First graders at Perryville Elementary School sent their wishes skyward during a recent reading lesson that ended in a balloon release.
The students read The Lady In the Moon by Lily Wong Fillmore."The story is about the Moon Festival in China," said first grade teacher Rose Rosenzweig. "The children celebrate with special food like moon cakes and then write poems which are wishes they send by reading to the Lady in The Moon."
At PES, the students wrote their wishes on cards and signed their names. The reverse of the card explains the project and asks the finders of the balloons to mail the card back to the school.
"We can't wait to see where our wishes went," Rosenzweig said.