- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)4
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)11
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)21
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
PES students release balloons
First graders at Perryville Elementary School sent their wishes skyward during a recent reading lesson that ended in a balloon release.
The students read The Lady In the Moon by Lily Wong Fillmore."The story is about the Moon Festival in China," said first grade teacher Rose Rosenzweig. "The children celebrate with special food like moon cakes and then write poems which are wishes they send by reading to the Lady in The Moon."
At PES, the students wrote their wishes on cards and signed their names. The reverse of the card explains the project and asks the finders of the balloons to mail the card back to the school.
"We can't wait to see where our wishes went," Rosenzweig said.