- Here's what's being built next to Chick-fil-A in Cape (1/18/18)1
- Man sentenced to life for killing mother, burning her body; mouth taped shut at hearing (1/20/18)
- Cape lands new summer-league baseball team; Capaha Field to see major upgrades (1/20/18)9
- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- Young author gave up TV at age 7 to pursue writing, and has recently finished his third novel (1/20/18)
- Redhawk Food Pantry helping Southeast students, employees who need assistance with food, supplies (1/19/18)2
- Cinderella shines in debut at Bedell (1/20/18)
- 3 mayor candidates in Scott City; former mayor Porch files for council seat (1/18/18)
- Chronic wasting disease found in 2 Southeast Missouri deer; whether disease transferable to humans unknown (1/18/18)
- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
PHS players, coaches on All-Star Extravaganza Team
Several Perryville High School athletes have been named to the BA Sports All-Star Extravaganza teams.
Lady Pirate volleyball players Shea Leible, Marissa Erwin and Morgan Mueller will play on the volleyball team. Coach David Mirly is an All-Star coach.
Pirate basketball players Bryce Weibrecht and Jared Thieret will play on the Class 3-5 basketball team. Coach Joel Roth is an All-Star Coach.
The 2012 BA Sports All-Star Extravaganza selects the top 24 players from Southeast Missouri from volleyball and basketball. The players are divided into 2 teams, which will face off April 14 at the Bearcat Event Center in Dexter. The event features the top high school seniors from over 65 area schools. The games start at 9 am and will last all day.
The event concludes with The Bank of Advance Slam Dunk Competition and presentation of the All Star Awards with guest speaker Dickie Nutt, head coach of the Southeast Missouri Headhawks Baseketball Team.