- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
ANNA, Ill. -- Jane Ligon Seabaugh, 70, of Anna died Wednesday, March 28, 2012, at St. John's Mercy Hospital in St. Louis.
She was born Aug. 4, 1941, in Anna, daughter of Harvey Lee and Helen I. Church Ligon. She married Ernest Seabaugh Oct. 28, 1987.
Jane was a member of First Christian Church in Anna. She was an excellent pianist and organist, enjoyed painting and woodworking, and loved her cat, Mr. Whiskers.
Survivors include her husband, Ernie of Anna; a son, Tim (Elaina) Keller of Anna; a daughter, Becky (Bob) Hebel of Cape Girardeau; two stepsons, David (Connie) Seabaugh of Jackson, Michael Seabaugh of Altenburg, Mo.; a stepdaughter, Susan (Kevin) Webber of Plano, Texas; six grandchildren, Sydney Haynes, Elias Keller, Soren Keller, William Keller, Samantha Miller and Brandi Miller; 15 stepgrandchildren; two great-grandchildren, Sailor Waters and Chloe Seabaugh, and a great-grandchild due in September; two sisters, Barbara (Leland) Smith of Huntsville, Ala., and Mary Wurtz of St. Louis.
She was preceded in death by her parents; a brother-in-law, John Wurtz; and a stepdaughter-in-law, Heather Seabaugh.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Crain Funeral Home in Anna.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with Dee Armes officiating. Interment will be in Cape County Memorial Park in Cape Girardeau.
Memorial contributions may be made to American Heart Association and will be accepted at the funeral home.
To leave online condolences, visit www.crainsonline.com.