- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- Aldi store reopens after renovations (11/14/17)3
- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Residents view pedestrian bridge as eyesore; city manager says it's designed to rust (11/13/17)8
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- The Tungsten Groove to release first album featuring original songs (11/17/17)
- Son of Westboro Baptist Church patriarch discusses abuse, faith (11/15/17)6
- Federal jury finds surgeon Fonn guilty of kickback scheme (11/10/17)4
Capetown Receives Gold Honor Club Award
Capetown, Local Assisted & Independent Living Community
Recognized for Outstanding Performance
Capetown Assisted & Independent Living by Americare was recently recognized for outstanding resident care (employee relations, community relations, business operations) at the company's 31'st annual meeting in Scottsdale, Arizona. Capetown met very stringent criteria in order to be considered for the award including (for resident care: annual state survey results and internal quality assurance audit results, for employee relations: annual employee satisfaction survey results and low annual turnover rates, for community relations: customer satisfaction results and customer service training compliance, for business operations: community census results and budget compliance results)
The award represents the four tenants of Americare's operating philosophy which states that each facility's first responsibility is to the residents it serves, second is to the employees it hires, third is to the community in which it operates and finally is to its owner by operating in a financially responsible manner.
"Our operating philosophy is more than a plaque on the wall," states Americare President Clay Crosson. "Our communities use it to guide their operating decisions each day. It puts residents and employees first. We believe if you take care of the residents
and the employees who serve them then the business will thrive. Our annual awards
ceremony is a much-anticipated part of our company's culture and rewards those top performers. These awards are difficult to achieve and we're very proud of all the winners, " he adds.
Capetown received the GOLD Honor Club Award
Communities with Honor Club distinction meet even more-narrow award criteria in each of the four philosophy areas. These communities are seen as the company's "best of the best." Honor Club communities participate on a corporate advisory committee which researches new technologies and quality improvement initiatives. Honor Club membership runs April to April each year. Only fifteen percent of Americare's communities are Honor Club members.
"This award(s) is the result of a team effort," comments Capetown Administrator Morgan Beasley " It belongs to the entire staff. Each day we work hard to deliver person-centered care and to operate in a way that is true to Americare's philosophy. We're very proud to have been recognized for our efforts," she finishes.
Capetown is a 24-room assisted living and 16 unit independent living community located at 2857 Cape La Croix Rd.. It is licensed by the State of Missouri as an assisted living facility.