- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Southeast Missouri State snares three weekly Ohio Valley Conference track and field honors
A strong weekend netted the Southeast Missouri State track and field program three of the Ohio Valley Conference's four weekly awards.
The league office tabbed senior Josh Uchtman co-male field athlete of the week, senior DeAndre Simmons co-male track athlete of the week and junior Jill Schnurbusch co-female track athlete of the week Tuesday.
Uchtman won the shot put and was ninth in the discus with throws of 55 feet, 4 1/4 inches and 146-5, respectively at Vanderbilt's Black & Gold Invitational last weekend. Uchtman's shot put mark leads all OVC throwers.
Simmons finished second in the 200 meters in his outdoor season debut, crossing the line in 22.59 seconds. That mark is tops in the OVC.
Schnurbusch tied for the top height in the pole vault at 12-6 but finished second due to a tiebreaker. The Notre Dame Regional High School graduate's height leads all OVC pole vaulters.
Southeast is back in action Saturday at the Ole Miss Invitational.