- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Area calendar 3/29/12
Cape Legion tryouts: Tryouts for the Cape Girardeau American Legion baseball teams will take place April 15 at Capaha Field. There will be three teams -- Senior Legion, Junior Legion and Freshman Legion. Tryouts for the Freshman and Junior Legion teams will be from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tryouts for the Senior Legion team will be from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Info: coach Steve Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scott County Legion tryouts: Tryouts for the Scott County Junior American Legion baseball team, for players ages 13 to 17, will take place at 2 p.m. April 7 at the city field in Scott City. The rain date is April 14. Info: Zach Pobst, 318-8307.
Umpires needed: The Jackson Baseball League is looking for umpires. An instructional meeting will be held at 7 p.m. April 18 at the Jackson Elk's Lodge. Those who want to umpire this season should attend. Info: Mike Buck, 270-5342, email@example.com.
Jackson Senior Babe Ruth tryouts: Tryouts for the Jackson Senior Babe Ruth baseball team, for players ages 16 to 18, will take place at 1 p.m. April 22 at Saxony Lutheran High School. The rain date is April 28. Info: Tracy Wyatt, 833-6649.
Southeast camps: Southeast Missouri State will hold a variety of sports camps beginning in June. Camps offered will be for baseball, boys and girls basketball, football, gymnastics, soccer, softball and volleyball. All the camp information can be found on the Southeast athletics department website at gosoutheast.com.
Cape Shrine Club tournament: The Cape Shrine Club's 17th annual golf tournament will take place May 18 at Bent Creek Golf Course. Lunch will be served from 11 a.m. to noon, and the four-person scramble tournament will start with a 12:30 p.m. shotgun start. Cost: $85 per person. Info: Eddie Schreiner, 243-5503.
Missouri Veterans Home tournament: The Missouri Veterans Home's 16th annual golf tournament will take place June 1 at Bent Creek Golf Course. Lunch will be served starting at 10:30 a.m., and the four-person scramble tournament will begin at noon. Cost: $90 per person. Info: Debbie Monroe, 290-5870, ext. 5459.
Youth play day: A tennis play day for boys and girls ages 10 and younger will be held April 7 at Class Act Family Fitness in Jackson. The event will run from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Cost: $10. Info: Donna Ryan, 332-1614.
Submit items by mail, fax or email to be included in the calendar as space permits.