- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
MoDOT crews to stripe highways
SIKESTON, Mo. -- For Missouri Department of Transportation crews, spring marks the beginning of road-striping season. Restriping is underway on routes including highways 25, 53 and 67 and Business Route 67, in Dunklin and Butler counties. Weather permitting, work will be done from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. daily, excluding weekends. Because the operation is continuously moving, no stationary signs will be posted.
Motorists are advised to stay back 500 feet from machinery and follow all safety signage. They are also advised not to pass the machinery to avoid getting paint on their vehicles.
For more information, contact the MoDOT Customer Service Center at 888-275-6636.