- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Gladys Marie Welch, 72, of Chaffee died Wednesday, March 28, 2012, at Chaffee Nursing Center.
She was born June 18, 1939, at Marble Hill, Mo., to Jim and Virginia Pouge Long.
Gladys worked at Columbia Sportswear in Chaffee.
Survivors include a son, Tracy Welch of Dalton, Ga.; a sister, Mary Horton of Jackson; four grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter, Cindy Welch; her parents; two brothers; and three sisters.
Friends may call from 9 a.m. until time of service Friday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at the chapel, with the Rev. Don Leggett officiating.