- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)34
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)13
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
BENTON, Mo. -- Patsy Lee Anderson, 78, of Benton died Wednesday, March 28, 2012, at her home.
She was born Oct. 29, 1933, in Chaffee, Mo., to Leo M. and Loraine Edna Matthews Halter. She first married Harold Hahn. Patsy later married Fred Anderson on Nov. 12, 1977. He preceded her in death July 12, 2010.
Patsy was a secretary for attorney Tom Arnold and worked in the county clerk and recorder's office in Scott County, and at First State Bank of Belgrade, Mo. She was a member of St. Denis Catholic Church and American Legion Auxiliary. She was a gifted quilter and also belonged to the Quilting Club in Belgrade.
She is survived by a son, Brad (Terri) Hahn of Benton; two daughters, Debra K. Stone of Bertrand, Mo., Tracy L. Spencer of Benton; a brother, Mick Halter of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Peggy Sullivan of Cape Girardeau; eight grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Benton. An American Legion Auxiliary service will be held at 7 p.m.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at the chapel, with the Rev. Michael Casteel officiating. Burial will be in St. Denis Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be given to charity of choice.