- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Harold B. "Smiley" Clark, 94, of Fredericktown, Mo., formerly of Cape Girardeau, died Monday, March 26, 2012, at Madison Medical Center in Fredericktown.
He was born Feb. 3, 1918, in Commerce, Mo., to Omer and Opal Watkins O'Quinn Clark. He and Frieda Ruth Westerwelle were married March 26, 1937, in Marble Hill, Mo.
Clark was a shift foreman 33 years at Marquette Cement Co., retiring in 1977. He also was an auctioneer/owner for C&W Auction Co. in Cape Girardeau and owner/operator of Clark's Re-Sale Shop in East Cape Girardeau, Ill. He sold the business and retired in 2009. He was a member of the Masonic Lodge in Cape Girardeau and was of the Methodist belief.
Survivors include his wife, Frieda Ruth Clark of Fredericktown; two daughters, Vivian (Charles) Ellicott of New Smyrna, Fla., Charlotte Ellis of Fredericktown; two brothers, Bobby (Jane) Clark of Cape Girardeau, Omer Wayne (Jaquie) Clark of Lake Ozark, Mo.; a sister, Iris Jane (Dean) Hoffmeister of Gravois Mills, Mo.; seven grandchildren; and 16 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents; four brothers, Horace, Ray, Billy and Benny Clark; a sister, Georgia "Sissy" Fiesler; and a son-in-law, Calvin "Tab" Ellis.
Visitation will be from 9:30 a.m. to service time today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. today at the funeral home, with the Rev. Donny Ford officiating. Entombment will be in Cape County Memorial Park Mausoleum in Cape Girardeau.
Memorial contributions may be given to the Salvation Army, 701 Good Hope St., Cape Girardeau, MO 63703.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.