- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)21
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Sax quartet heads to state
Perryville High School students recently earned the highest rating at the district competition.
District competition was held March 16 at Cape Central High School. Those earning a "1" rating will advance to the state band competition to be held April 28 in Columbia.
The PHS band is led by Jay Peters and Michael Harrer.
The PHS saxophone quartet earned a "1" rating at the district band competition. They are (front, from left) of Kelsey Winschel and Shelby Roth. Back - Ryan Koesterer and Kennedy Murakami.