- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)9
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
- Southeast Missouri State football players, local police team up for Backstoppers benefit (7/22/16)2
Sax quartet heads to state
Perryville High School students recently earned the highest rating at the district competition.
District competition was held March 16 at Cape Central High School. Those earning a "1" rating will advance to the state band competition to be held April 28 in Columbia.
The PHS band is led by Jay Peters and Michael Harrer.
The PHS saxophone quartet earned a "1" rating at the district band competition. They are (front, from left) of Kelsey Winschel and Shelby Roth. Back - Ryan Koesterer and Kennedy Murakami.