- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Police: Woman arrested after meth found hidden in pants (5/26/17)2
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
Sax quartet heads to state
Perryville High School students recently earned the highest rating at the district competition.
District competition was held March 16 at Cape Central High School. Those earning a "1" rating will advance to the state band competition to be held April 28 in Columbia.
The PHS band is led by Jay Peters and Michael Harrer.
The PHS saxophone quartet earned a "1" rating at the district band competition. They are (front, from left) of Kelsey Winschel and Shelby Roth. Back - Ryan Koesterer and Kennedy Murakami.