- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- Here's what's being built next to Chick-fil-A in Cape (1/18/18)1
- Cape lands new summer-league baseball team; Capaha Field to see major upgrades (1/20/18)8
- Man sentenced to life for killing mother, burning her body; mouth taped shut at hearing (1/20/18)
- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
- Young author gave up TV at age 7 to pursue writing, and has recently finished his third novel (1/20/18)
- Redhawk Food Pantry helping Southeast students, employees who need assistance with food, supplies (1/19/18)2
- Cinderella shines in debut at Bedell (1/20/18)
- 3 mayor candidates in Scott City; former mayor Porch files for council seat (1/18/18)
- Chronic wasting disease found in 2 Southeast Missouri deer; whether disease transferable to humans unknown (1/18/18)
PCMS 7th graders win 4th at Quiz Bowl
The PCMS Seventh Grade Scholar Bowl team brought home the second place trophy after competing against 20 teams at the JCAA 2012 Quiz Bowl.
The team includes (from left) Jeremiah Choka, Jasmyn Mahathath, Holly Clifton, Dylan Jannin, Phoebe Pohlman, Chaylee Vogt and Alex Laws.
The team is coached by Lisa Vinton, the middle school gifted education instructor. The Quiz Bowl was held March 8.
This academic quiz bowl featured 6 rounds with 15 questions per round. Themes included arts and entertainment, facts and figures, literature, people and places and sports.