- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)15
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)34
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Company to start recruiting businesses to Jackson, Cape (12/9/16)15
- 13 venues, 60 sponsors participating in Happy Slapowitz's Toy Bash on Thursday (12/7/16)2
SEMO Film Students Compete in Local Video Contest
Two Southeast Missouri State University film students look to make a statement with their entry in the "This is Big" video contest hosted by Big River Telephone.
Sam Pixley and Bryan Schilligo's video entry has made it to the final round of the competition which has proven to be tough. When asked about the video Sam Pixley responded, "We think our video 'Stuck in the Past' provides some good laughs while promoting Big River Broadband in a sleek and modern way. We just hope the viewers agree with us."
The contest boasts a $2500 reward for the winner and saw over 25 entries before the eliminations began.
You can vote for your favorite of the three finalists at: