- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- Aldi store reopens after renovations (11/14/17)3
- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Residents view pedestrian bridge as eyesore; city manager says it's designed to rust (11/13/17)8
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- The Tungsten Groove to release first album featuring original songs (11/17/17)
- Son of Westboro Baptist Church patriarch discusses abuse, faith (11/15/17)6
- Federal jury finds surgeon Fonn guilty of kickback scheme (11/10/17)4
SEMO Film Students Compete in Local Video Contest
Two Southeast Missouri State University film students look to make a statement with their entry in the "This is Big" video contest hosted by Big River Telephone.
Sam Pixley and Bryan Schilligo's video entry has made it to the final round of the competition which has proven to be tough. When asked about the video Sam Pixley responded, "We think our video 'Stuck in the Past' provides some good laughs while promoting Big River Broadband in a sleek and modern way. We just hope the viewers agree with us."
The contest boasts a $2500 reward for the winner and saw over 25 entries before the eliminations began.
You can vote for your favorite of the three finalists at: