- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
Candidate questionnaire: Robert Grayhek
NAME: Robert Grayhek
PLACE OF BIRTH: Lienz, Austria
SPOUSE, CHILDREN'S NAMES:
Sheila is my wife, Erin is in 3rd grade and Ian in Kindergarten.
Director of Trauma & Disaster Services
EMPLOYER: Saint Francis Medical Center
BUSINESSES OWNED, ALL OR PART: None
PREVIOUS OFFICES HELD OR SOUGHT:
WHAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE FACING THE OAK RIDGE SCHOOL DISTRICT?
The current bond issue; the bond will serve to update and repair much of the elementary school and the library wing of the school, something I wholeheartedly support. The second issue relates to a lack of opportunity to earn dual or college credits prior to graduating high school. With today's technologies, there should be no difference in attending a rural or an urban school.
WHAT IN YOUR BACKGROUND OR EDUCATION MAKES YOU QUALIFIED FOR THIS OFFICE?
My current role at Saint Francis has helped me develop some of the skills I believe are needed to serve as a member of the Oak Ridge School Board. In my role I have developed leadership and management skills. I have learned in order to grow and improve you have to be able to strategically lay out a plan for the next several years. I have learned to prioritize. We want the best of everything for everyone, however we know that is not possible so we need to prioritize based on our needs.