- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Outdoor Nature Photography Workshop
CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO--Sat. April 21, regional photographer Aaron Horrell from the Painted Wren Gallery at the Bilderbach Art Plaza in Cape Girardeau, MO will be hosting a two-day outdoor photography workshop, in conjunction with Victor Kantchev, another photographer, and the Arts Council of Southeast Missouri. The first day of the workshop will be held outdoors at the Mingo Wildlife Refuge, and the second day will be spent in a computer laboratory to review the best shots. Each participant of the workshop will have the opportunity to spend one-on-one time with the photographers to capture beautiful wildflower and nature shots.
During the workshop, participants can expect to leave at 9:00 am from the Cape Girardeau Nature Center, returning to that location at approx. 6:45 pm that evening. Transportation will be provided as part of the cost of the workshop. Horrell requires that each participant have their own camera equipment, and recommends that it be outfitted with a macro lens or an extender attachment suitable for close photography.
Scheduling for the second day will be decided upon at a later date, and will include one-on-one critique with the two photographers. Kantchev is also offering the option to receive a 16" x 20" canvas gallery wrap of your favorite photograph (cost not included with workshop). For those interested, Horrell will provide the opportunity to exhibit the best images from the workshop for sale at his gallery during the month of June at no additional cost.
Horrell, wildlife photographer and blogger for the Southeast Missourian, has experienced success with his nature photography because of his patience, and willingness to wait to capture the perfect shot. In addition to maintaining his own gallery space at Bilderbach Art Plaza, Horrell is also a member of the local Visual Arts Cooperative, which displays pieces at the Arts Council of Southeast Missouri. Kantchev is also a member of the Visual Arts Cooperative, and enjoys traveling the world to capture the perfect image.
Cost of the workshop is $50 per participant, due at sign up. Please contact the Arts Council of Southeast Missouri at 573-334-9233 to reserve your spot for this event.