- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Missouri US Sen. McCaskill files for re-election
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) -- Sen. Claire McCaskill of Missouri has officially begun her re-election campaign, the first and only Democrat so far in a contest that has attracted several Republicans.
McCaskill was in Jefferson City on Friday to file for the August party primary in her bid for a second, six-year term.
Three prominent Republicans are also in the U.S. Senate race. They are former state Treasurer Sarah Steelman, of Rolla; U.S. Rep. Todd Akin, of suburban St. Louis; and St. Louis businessman John Brunner.
McCaskill said Friday she expects there will be a clear contrast between her and whoever wins the Republican primary.