- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Mo. applications released for recreation grants
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) -- Missouri state parks officials have released application forms for federal grants to pay for outdoor recreation projects.
Local governments and school districts are eligible for grants to develop or renovate outdoor facilities or buy land for new parks. The grants require a 55 percent local match. Missouri officials estimate that $600,000 will be available this year.
The federal money comes from the Land and Water Conservation Fund and administered by the National Park Service. Applications must be submitted by June 11.