- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)24
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Plaza Tire Sells some green for MDA
Plaza Tire Service recently raised $17,064 for the local Muscular Dystrophy Association chapter during the organization's annual Shamrocks campaign. The companies' stores sold green shamrocks for a $1 and gold shamrocks for $5 to their patrons from the middle of February through St. Patrick's Day.
"I am so proud of what Plaza Tire has done for us this year! This is their best year to date and we really appreicate their support but most importantly our patients and their families appreciate them! The money they raised will all stay local and will help pay for patient services and equipment, summer camp and of course life-saving research", says Kyla Evans, Fundraising Coordinator for MDA.
On Friday, March 23, the local MDA chapter was presented with the check. Those pictured are from left to right are: Scott Rhodes, Kyla Evans and Mark Rhodes