- Say Cheese: The story behind the famous sandwiches at the East Perry Fair (9/22/17)
- Anne Limbaugh dies, leaves legacy of caring (9/22/17)
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Former football players provide leadership training at middle school (9/24/17)
- New businesses popping up all over Cape Girardeau (9/24/17)1
- Cape Girardeau native Jessica Johnston to compete as castaway on 'Survivor' season 35 (9/24/17)
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- Former major-league slugger Darryl Strawberry to speak at La Croix (9/20/17)
- Scott City officials, others oppose plan for railroad-tie treatment plant (9/25/17)5
- Young entrepreneurs add fresh ideas, unique offerings for area market (9/18/17)
Plaza Tire Sells some green for MDA
Plaza Tire Service recently raised $17,064 for the local Muscular Dystrophy Association chapter during the organization's annual Shamrocks campaign. The companies' stores sold green shamrocks for a $1 and gold shamrocks for $5 to their patrons from the middle of February through St. Patrick's Day.
"I am so proud of what Plaza Tire has done for us this year! This is their best year to date and we really appreicate their support but most importantly our patients and their families appreciate them! The money they raised will all stay local and will help pay for patient services and equipment, summer camp and of course life-saving research", says Kyla Evans, Fundraising Coordinator for MDA.
On Friday, March 23, the local MDA chapter was presented with the check. Those pictured are from left to right are: Scott Rhodes, Kyla Evans and Mark Rhodes