- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)9
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)2
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
Plaza Tire Sells some green for MDA
Plaza Tire Service recently raised $17,064 for the local Muscular Dystrophy Association chapter during the organization's annual Shamrocks campaign. The companies' stores sold green shamrocks for a $1 and gold shamrocks for $5 to their patrons from the middle of February through St. Patrick's Day.
"I am so proud of what Plaza Tire has done for us this year! This is their best year to date and we really appreicate their support but most importantly our patients and their families appreciate them! The money they raised will all stay local and will help pay for patient services and equipment, summer camp and of course life-saving research", says Kyla Evans, Fundraising Coordinator for MDA.
On Friday, March 23, the local MDA chapter was presented with the check. Those pictured are from left to right are: Scott Rhodes, Kyla Evans and Mark Rhodes