- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)7
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
Plaza Tire Sells some green for MDA
Plaza Tire Service recently raised $17,064 for the local Muscular Dystrophy Association chapter during the organization's annual Shamrocks campaign. The companies' stores sold green shamrocks for a $1 and gold shamrocks for $5 to their patrons from the middle of February through St. Patrick's Day.
"I am so proud of what Plaza Tire has done for us this year! This is their best year to date and we really appreicate their support but most importantly our patients and their families appreciate them! The money they raised will all stay local and will help pay for patient services and equipment, summer camp and of course life-saving research", says Kyla Evans, Fundraising Coordinator for MDA.
On Friday, March 23, the local MDA chapter was presented with the check. Those pictured are from left to right are: Scott Rhodes, Kyla Evans and Mark Rhodes