- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
Plaza Tire Sells some green for MDA
Plaza Tire Service recently raised $17,064 for the local Muscular Dystrophy Association chapter during the organization's annual Shamrocks campaign. The companies' stores sold green shamrocks for a $1 and gold shamrocks for $5 to their patrons from the middle of February through St. Patrick's Day.
"I am so proud of what Plaza Tire has done for us this year! This is their best year to date and we really appreicate their support but most importantly our patients and their families appreciate them! The money they raised will all stay local and will help pay for patient services and equipment, summer camp and of course life-saving research", says Kyla Evans, Fundraising Coordinator for MDA.
On Friday, March 23, the local MDA chapter was presented with the check. Those pictured are from left to right are: Scott Rhodes, Kyla Evans and Mark Rhodes