- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
3rd Annual Southwestern IL Indian Artifact Show
Members of the Illinois State Archeological Society would like to invite you to their 3rd Annual Indian Artifact Show to be held on Saturday, April 14th from 8am to 3pm at the World Shooting and Recreational Complex just North of Sparta IL off of IL Rt. 4. Admission to this event is free and its members encourage everybody in the community to come out and learn more about our local prehistoric past. *We have a flintknapper this year who will be giving demonstrations throughout the day and this is very educational for the youngsters. We also encourage those with collections of arrowheads or axes to bring them along to learn more about their history.
There will be 50-70 exhibits with tables full of locally found artifacts on display, as well as a great exhibit of Historic Fort de Chartres related items from the times of the French and Indian wars. Some dealers will also be on-hand and they will be looking to buy, ,sell, and trade authentic Indian artifacts. If you are looking to get rid of some of those rocks that have been sitting in shoeboxes for decades that a relative found many years ago, then this is the place to bring them and turn them into cash.
Reproduction artifacts will not be allowed to be displayed or sold at this event. For those wanting to display or sell their artifacts, please call Kyle Wilson at 618-406-1355 for table info. Some "Award of Excellence" plaques will be presented to exhibitors who have the best displays. One "Best Personal Find" plaque will be awarded and anyone can enter their best artifact to try to win this specific award.
Come out and enjoy a day of learning about our fascinating history and feel free to check out the vast World Shooting complex where this event is being held. The World Famous 17th Street Barbeque will have a concession stand open for breakfast purchases and the main restaurant should also be open at lunchtime for dinner purchases. Hope to see you at this free and fascinating upcoming event!