- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Bob Thompson, 79, of Advance passed away Wednesday, March 21, 2012, at his home.
He was born Jan. 17, 1933, at Bell City, Mo., son of James Harvey and Ona Mae Hickerson Thompson Sr. He and Vivian Spears were married July 16, 1955, in Hernando, Miss. She preceded him in death March 5, 1996.
Bob was a retired farmer. He was a member of St. Joseph Catholic Church.
He was a veteran of the U.S. Army, serving in Germany.
Survivors include a son and daughter-in-law, Robert Lynn and Mary Jo Thompson of Advance; a daughter and son-in-law, Tami and David Nenninger of Jackson; five grandchildren, Amanda (Brett) Ward, Laura (Nick) Teichman, Brent (Leslie Rainey) Thompson, Sarah Nenninger and Hannah Nenninger.
He was preceded in death by his parents; wife; and two brothers, James H. Thompson Jr. and Paul D. Thompson.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Morgan Funeral Chapel, with a prayer service at 7:30.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at St. Joseph Church, with the Rev. Randy Tochtrop, Deacon Walt Biri, the Rev. Dale Wiseman and the Rev. Fred Ritter officiating. Burial will be in Morgan Memorial Park.