- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Concealed-carry restrictions remain in Missouri despite new state law (9/18/16)22
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)6
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of beating a grandmother to death with baseball bat (9/18/16)
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
Five more bodies found in Concordia cruise wreck
GIGLIO, Italy -- Search crews in Italy have found five more bodies in the wreck of the Costa Concordia cruise ship, which struck a reef off an Italian island in January.
The development Thursday raises to 30 the number of bodies found. Two people remain missing and are presumed dead.
The Italian Civil Protection agency coordinating search operations said the bodies were all found in spaces between the hull and the seabed off the Tuscan island of Giglio. Since the Jan. 13 capsizing, the Concordia has been lying on its side, half submerged in water near Giglio's port. It was not clear when the bodies would be removed.