- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Wind brings down Wendy's sign in Cape Girardeau (12/11/17)2
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
Five more bodies found in Concordia cruise wreck
GIGLIO, Italy -- Search crews in Italy have found five more bodies in the wreck of the Costa Concordia cruise ship, which struck a reef off an Italian island in January.
The development Thursday raises to 30 the number of bodies found. Two people remain missing and are presumed dead.
The Italian Civil Protection agency coordinating search operations said the bodies were all found in spaces between the hull and the seabed off the Tuscan island of Giglio. Since the Jan. 13 capsizing, the Concordia has been lying on its side, half submerged in water near Giglio's port. It was not clear when the bodies would be removed.