- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Tea party PAC backs Steelman in Mo. Senate race
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. -- A national tea party group has endorsed former state Treasurer Sarah Steelman in Missouri's Republican U.S. Senate primary. But numerous Missouri tea party groups say they are not taking sides in the race.
The Tea Party Express cited Steelman's conservative economic record and past experience in office while saying Thursday that she would be the best candidate to take on Democratic U.S. Sen. Claire McCaskill in the November election.
Other prominent Republicans in the race include U.S. Rep. Todd Akin and businessman John Brunner. Both also have highlighted their conservative credentials.
The Tea Party Express is a political action committee based in Sacramento, Calif.
A coalition of 17 Missouri tea party groups released a statement Thursday stressing that they had not endorsed anyone in the Senate race.