- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Cape apartment building moderately damaged in overnight fire
An overnight fire caused moderate damage to a Cape Girardeau apartment building, according to fire officials.
No one was hurt in the blaze that started at 10 Rivercrest Drive around 1 a.m. Firefighters arrived to find heavy flames on the outside of the building and its nine apartments were searched for occupants, according to a news release from the Cape Girardeau Fire Department. All occupants evacuated.
Crews were able to put the fire out after about 15 minutes. Only light smoke damage was seen on the interior of the building. A preliminary investigation into the cause was conducted, but no apparent cause was found.
10 Rivercrest Dr., Cape Girardeau, MO