- Architectural Digest names Cape Missouri's prettiest city (7/19/18)1
- Meat cutter's obit stokes interest, laughter (7/20/18)2
- Business Notebook: Millersville Pit Stop opening Friday; newly rebuilt convenience store to feature favorites (7/16/18)
- Farewell to a First Lady (7/17/18)4
- Cape drops charge against carGO (7/18/18)9
- Wiggans resigns; Bristow named interim superintendent at Meadow Heights (7/18/18)
- Support worker freedom by voting 'yes' on Prop A (7/14/18)
- Homecomers to bring vendors, rides, dunking booth to Uptown Jackson (7/19/18)
- Relentless flood swamped towns, turned roads into lakes 25 years ago this summer (7/16/18)
- Car packages: Local stores adding pickup services as part of nationwide trend (7/14/18)1
Piano studio congratulates Gold Cup recipients
Cape Girardeau -- Twelve students from Keyboards & Kindermusik Conservatory -- a piano, keyboard and Kindermusik teaching studio in Cape Girardeau -- recently received Gold Cup awards from the National Federation of Junior Music Clubs.
The Junior Music Festival was held on Feb. 18. To receive a Gold Cup, students must compete at a minimum of three years earning the top rating. A second Gold Cup consists of a minimum of six years earning the top rating. A student can earn up to five Gold Cup awards.
"I am very proud of all our students who work diligently towards the Junior Music Festival," said Janet Presson, director of the studio. "This is a major accomplishment for these students."
First Gold Cup recipients include: Erin Bittle, Jeffrey Bittle, Madalyn Gutierrez, Gabe Hurley, Victoria Hurley, Alexis Johnson, Evelyn Johnson, Emily Kirby, Timothy Kirby, Kayla McCain and Esmeralda Trejo. Second Gold Cup recipient is Veronica Spencer.
The studio began sending students to the Junior Music Festival in 1991.
The studio will host two free recital concerts on May 19 at 1st Baptist Church in Cape Girardeau (located on the corner of Cape Rock and Lexington). Recitals begin at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. with receptions following each.
Keyboards & Kindermusik Conservatory is owned by Don and Janet Presson. New classes begin in June. For more information, contact Janet Presson at 334-8623.