- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Candidate questionnaire: Gary Miller
NAME: Gary Miller
PLACE OF BIRTH:
Scott City, Mo/Cape St Francis Hospital
SPOUSE, CHILDREN'S NAMES:
Gail Miller (spouse) David, Charles, Jennifer and Matthew Miller
Retired Operations Management 39 yrs SSW/SP/UP Railroad
Retired SSW/SP/Union Pacific Railroad
BUSINESSES OWNED, ALL OR PART: none
PREVIOUS OFFICES HELD OR SOUGHT:
Six years Scott City School Board, Chairman IFA/SC Reunion Committee, Demolay, Masonic Lodge, Scottish Rite, Shriners, American Legion, AVFW, Certified member Missouri state school board assoc.
WHAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE FACING SCOTT CITY PUBLIC SCHOOLS?
Not one but many issues effect our youths lives for their future. We have made outstanding strides in the past few years. We have greatly improved our map scores and will continue our emphasis on them. We recently acheived No 1 in Missouri for preparing students for college. Curriculum is always a challenge for constant improvement along with attendance rate, graduation rate. Bottom line Its all about out students academic achievements.
WHAT IN YOUR BACKGROUND OR EDUCATION MAKES YOU QUALIFIED FOR THIS OFFICE?
I have, thanks to the community and voters served for 6 years. Attend school functions, visit the school often. I am always open to suggestions and have an open line of communication with our community. I had a career of 39 years of operations management and made decisions on a regular basis that always effected people lives from work to home. I have always and will support each and every opportunity to improve edducation for our youth, nothing is more important. We recently met all 15 standards of our annual peformance report (APR), distinctions in performance. I've said before, I will be your voice and listen to your concerns and vote accordling as I have in the past. My record speaks for itself.