- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)27
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
- Cape woman hopes son's death in Chattanooga will lead to better policing (11/30/16)11
Paid Election Letter: Purcell files as a Republican
Like Ronald Reagan used to say, "Well, there you go again." Jay Purcell, the man of a thousand faces. The man who publicly announced on his blogs, and in the public media, that he would run as an independent, has now filed as a Republican. Could he not decide which side of the fence he was on? Did he conveniently forget what he had said? He publicly wanted a divorce from the Republican Party, and it was granted to him!
Anyone who has attended commission meetings may have observed Mr. Purcell twisting the words of the other commissioners and becoming adversarial with them. It would be more beneficial if he did run as an independent, because the letter "I" would appear next to his name on the ballot. Therefore, he could truly be a team of "I" and not "we." He will probably enlist the aid of his union Democrat buddies, or maybe he can find some "good ole boys" to carry his water, but do not expect any support from this Republican.
JAMES C. ROCHE'
3137 County Road 349, Jackson, MO 63755