- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Joseph Roger Faust, 77, of Greenwood, Ind., died Monday, March 12, 2012.
He was born Dec. 27, 1934, in Cape Girardeau, son of Delbert J. and Aleta M. Stevens Faust. He and Carol Sue Dorris were married April 10, 1954. She preceded him in death Nov. 27, 2007.
Joe graduated from Central High School in 1953.
He served in the U.S. Army 23 years, retiring in Clarksville, Tenn., as chief warrant officer.
Joe then received a degree in accounting from Austin Peay University in Clarksville and worked in Nashville as an auditor for the IRS.
Survivors include his mother of Cape Girardeau; a daughter, Joyce (Richard) Skaggs of Greenwood; three sisters, Carolyn (Frank) LaFentres and Elizabeth (Ernest) Farmer of Cape Girardeau and Judy (Edward) Wattles of Ramsey, Ill.; two grandchildren and a great-grandchild of Indianapolis, Ind.; an uncle, Richard (Doris) Stevens of Evansville, Ind.; and several nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his wife and father.
The funeral, with military honors, will be at 1 p.m. today in the Mausoleum Chapel at Park Lawn Cemetery in Evansville.
Schwartz Funeral Home in Franklin, Ind., is in charge of arrangements.
Announcement courtesy of Ford and Sons Funeral Home.