- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)25
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Home, Garden Show
Now in its 32nd year, the Southeast Missouri Home Builders Association's Home and Garden Show returns to the Show Me Center this weekend.
More than 100 exhibits are planned for the three-day event, and special show-only pricing and many giveaways will also be available. All three days the Smokin Brothers Championship BBQ Team will be providing cooking classes, and the team will be available throughout the weekend to answer your BBQ questions.
"We will have everything needed for anyone doing a remodel, new construction or any landscaping. From financing to Internet hook ups," said Ann Brookman, an event organizer. Bookman added that for those not remodeling or involved in construction, there's plenty of other things to check out including items from home-based businesses and local farmers' markets.
The show will be held from 3 to 8 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday, and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday. To see where the vendors will be located, check out the full page ad in Wednesday's Southeast Missourian. The advertisements, including the one today on page 12A, include a coupon for $1 off the price of admission. Regular admission for the show is $5 for adults. Admission for children 12 and under is free.
With the mild temperatures we've enjoyed this week, it appears that spring is upon us. Consider attending this weekend's show to prepare for all the fun that comes with this time of year.