- Volunteers, horses bring joy in the face of challenges (02/08/16)
- Black History Month events highlight many topics (02/07/16)
- Catholic Schools Week celebrates knowledge, faith (02/05/16)
- Cookie Spree back at First Friday (02/05/16)
- Local athletes recognized by newspaper (02/04/16)
- Cape chamber honors businesses, individuals (02/03/16)
- Cape native brings world-renowned Elvis act to casino (02/02/16)
- Longtime Cape restaurant finds new home (02/01/16)
Home, Garden Show
Now in its 32nd year, the Southeast Missouri Home Builders Association's Home and Garden Show returns to the Show Me Center this weekend.
More than 100 exhibits are planned for the three-day event, and special show-only pricing and many giveaways will also be available. All three days the Smokin Brothers Championship BBQ Team will be providing cooking classes, and the team will be available throughout the weekend to answer your BBQ questions.
"We will have everything needed for anyone doing a remodel, new construction or any landscaping. From financing to Internet hook ups," said Ann Brookman, an event organizer. Bookman added that for those not remodeling or involved in construction, there's plenty of other things to check out including items from home-based businesses and local farmers' markets.
The show will be held from 3 to 8 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday, and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday. To see where the vendors will be located, check out the full page ad in Wednesday's Southeast Missourian. The advertisements, including the one today on page 12A, include a coupon for $1 off the price of admission. Regular admission for the show is $5 for adults. Admission for children 12 and under is free.
With the mild temperatures we've enjoyed this week, it appears that spring is upon us. Consider attending this weekend's show to prepare for all the fun that comes with this time of year.