- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Custom cuts: Local hairstylist provides free haircuts to special-needs children (6/26/17)3
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)2
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)4
- Oran town board fired officer before hiring him as police chief; city officials say they can't remember reason for firing (6/25/17)2
- Playing with fire (6/25/17)
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
Home, Garden Show
Now in its 32nd year, the Southeast Missouri Home Builders Association's Home and Garden Show returns to the Show Me Center this weekend.
More than 100 exhibits are planned for the three-day event, and special show-only pricing and many giveaways will also be available. All three days the Smokin Brothers Championship BBQ Team will be providing cooking classes, and the team will be available throughout the weekend to answer your BBQ questions.
"We will have everything needed for anyone doing a remodel, new construction or any landscaping. From financing to Internet hook ups," said Ann Brookman, an event organizer. Bookman added that for those not remodeling or involved in construction, there's plenty of other things to check out including items from home-based businesses and local farmers' markets.
The show will be held from 3 to 8 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday, and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday. To see where the vendors will be located, check out the full page ad in Wednesday's Southeast Missourian. The advertisements, including the one today on page 12A, include a coupon for $1 off the price of admission. Regular admission for the show is $5 for adults. Admission for children 12 and under is free.
With the mild temperatures we've enjoyed this week, it appears that spring is upon us. Consider attending this weekend's show to prepare for all the fun that comes with this time of year.