- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
No injuries from school bus accident in Cape
No one was injured when a school bus carrying six children was struck by a car whose driver fell asleep at the wheel Wednesday.
Around 9 a.m. Wednesday, a Mercedes passenger car rear-ended the school bus at the intersection of Sprigg Street and Highway 74, Cape Girardeau Police Department spokesman Darin Hickey said. The driver had fallen asleep at the wheel and will receive a summons, Hickey said.
The bus incurred minor damage, and no one was injured. The bus was carrying students of Parkview school, a school in Cape Girardeau for children with disabilities.
Sprigg Street and Highway 74, Cape Girardeau, MO