- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Metzger files for Cape County public administrator
Julie Metzger, a Cape Girardeau social worker with 25 years' experience, filed Thursday for the county public administrator job, as expected, bringing the official number of candidates for the post to 12.
Metzger is a licensed clinical social worker who has been social services manager at SoutheastHEALTH since 2001. She has a bachelor's and master's in social work and is one of the dozen who hope to replace the outgoing Phyllis Schwab.
The others who have filed are Democrat Mary Cotner and Republicans Mary Ann Friese, Helen Jackson, Kim Kelley, Linda Nash, Janet Niedbalski, Lisa Reitzel, Scott Schnurbusch, Larry Shoaf, Tammy Sladek and Debra Tracy. The last day to file is March 27.