- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Vera Mae Marberry, 88, of Cape Girardeau died Thursday, March 8, 2012, at Chateau Girardeau Health Center.
She was born May 13, 1923, in Hohenwald, Tenn., to James Ad and Mary Azalee Anderson Hensley. She and Howard Marberry were married Oct. 21, 1939, in Cape Girardeau.
Vera worked at the original Saint Francis Hospital in the 1950s and 1960s. She was a lifetime member of Cape First Church.
Survivors include her husband of 72 years, Howard A. Marberry of Cape Girardeau; a son, Richard (Marlian) Marberry of Kuttawa, Ky.; two daughters, Mary Ann Moore (Bob) of Cape Girardeau, Valerie Allen (David) of Cape Girardeau; 10 grandchildren; 18 great-grandchildren; and three great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a sister, a brother and two sons.
Friends may call from 11 a.m. until time of service Saturday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Ricky Hensley officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.
Memorial contributions may be given to Chateau Girardeau Health Center, 3120 Independence St., Cape Girardeau, MO 63703.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.