- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)8
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)12
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
Parole violator captured in Perry County, sent back to prison
A man who was able to elude Perry County authorities and the Missouri State Highway Patrol for several weeks was arrested Thursday morning.
James B. Crist, 42, of St. Louis was wanted for violating his parole but ran from authorities in western Perry County. He was believed to be armed and dangerous. Crist had pleaded guilty to felony theft in 2005.
On Thursday morning, Perry County sheriff's deputies raided a home in the county and arrested Crist.
"Since he is a parole violator he was immediately taken back to prison," Perry County Sheriff Gary J. Schaaf said in a news release.
Perry County, Mo.