- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Jackson police describe night of anger, car crashes, drug possession by 18-year-old (1/22/17)5
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
- Comedian, cancer survivor Tom Green headlines sold-out Cancer Center benefit (1/22/17)
Speak Out 3/9/12
I am a 66-year-old lady. I stopped at Subway on Valentine's Day and ordered a sandwich and some chips. I realized that my wallet wasn't in my purse because my son had messed with it and forgot to put it back where I had it. So I had to leave and go back. I told them I would be back. I came back to pay for it and I had my money in my hand and they gave it to me. They said, "no charge, happy Valentine's Day." I sat there and cried. God bless those people there, there are few and far between like them. They are great people and I just wanted to say something about them.
I would like to thank the nice young man in the local sandwich shop recently who found and returned my debit card that had fallen out of my purse. It's good to know that there are still honest people in the world.
IT was a job well done, but the city failed to relocate the Benton Hill street sign. When traveling from the west, the sign is not visible and coming from the east you have to be almost at the corner to see the sign. We need to move the sign closer to Bloomfield Road.