- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)4
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
Speak Out 3/9/12
I am a 66-year-old lady. I stopped at Subway on Valentine's Day and ordered a sandwich and some chips. I realized that my wallet wasn't in my purse because my son had messed with it and forgot to put it back where I had it. So I had to leave and go back. I told them I would be back. I came back to pay for it and I had my money in my hand and they gave it to me. They said, "no charge, happy Valentine's Day." I sat there and cried. God bless those people there, there are few and far between like them. They are great people and I just wanted to say something about them.
I would like to thank the nice young man in the local sandwich shop recently who found and returned my debit card that had fallen out of my purse. It's good to know that there are still honest people in the world.
IT was a job well done, but the city failed to relocate the Benton Hill street sign. When traveling from the west, the sign is not visible and coming from the east you have to be almost at the corner to see the sign. We need to move the sign closer to Bloomfield Road.