- New custody law for equal time for dads begins today; some question law's relevance (8/28/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Former alt-rock frontwoman tells how she found Christianity (8/29/16)2
- Jackson girl stays planted on the farm (8/28/16)2
- Schnucks bans solicitors, including organizations like Salvation Army (8/24/16)38
- Newsmakers 2016: Liz Glastetter (8/15/16)
- Court ruling, state suggest businesses may apply use, sales tax to deliveries (8/24/16)2
- Scott City School District introduces new preschool program (8/26/16)1
Speak Out 3/9/12
I am a 66-year-old lady. I stopped at Subway on Valentine's Day and ordered a sandwich and some chips. I realized that my wallet wasn't in my purse because my son had messed with it and forgot to put it back where I had it. So I had to leave and go back. I told them I would be back. I came back to pay for it and I had my money in my hand and they gave it to me. They said, "no charge, happy Valentine's Day." I sat there and cried. God bless those people there, there are few and far between like them. They are great people and I just wanted to say something about them.
I would like to thank the nice young man in the local sandwich shop recently who found and returned my debit card that had fallen out of my purse. It's good to know that there are still honest people in the world.
IT was a job well done, but the city failed to relocate the Benton Hill street sign. When traveling from the west, the sign is not visible and coming from the east you have to be almost at the corner to see the sign. We need to move the sign closer to Bloomfield Road.