- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)7
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Man convicted of Perryville convenience-store heist (9/21/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)4
Speak Out 3/9/12
I am a 66-year-old lady. I stopped at Subway on Valentine's Day and ordered a sandwich and some chips. I realized that my wallet wasn't in my purse because my son had messed with it and forgot to put it back where I had it. So I had to leave and go back. I told them I would be back. I came back to pay for it and I had my money in my hand and they gave it to me. They said, "no charge, happy Valentine's Day." I sat there and cried. God bless those people there, there are few and far between like them. They are great people and I just wanted to say something about them.
I would like to thank the nice young man in the local sandwich shop recently who found and returned my debit card that had fallen out of my purse. It's good to know that there are still honest people in the world.
IT was a job well done, but the city failed to relocate the Benton Hill street sign. When traveling from the west, the sign is not visible and coming from the east you have to be almost at the corner to see the sign. We need to move the sign closer to Bloomfield Road.