- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)8
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)4
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Jackson roundabout on schedule, on budget (7/19/16)7
Speak Out 3/9/12
I am a 66-year-old lady. I stopped at Subway on Valentine's Day and ordered a sandwich and some chips. I realized that my wallet wasn't in my purse because my son had messed with it and forgot to put it back where I had it. So I had to leave and go back. I told them I would be back. I came back to pay for it and I had my money in my hand and they gave it to me. They said, "no charge, happy Valentine's Day." I sat there and cried. God bless those people there, there are few and far between like them. They are great people and I just wanted to say something about them.
I would like to thank the nice young man in the local sandwich shop recently who found and returned my debit card that had fallen out of my purse. It's good to know that there are still honest people in the world.
IT was a job well done, but the city failed to relocate the Benton Hill street sign. When traveling from the west, the sign is not visible and coming from the east you have to be almost at the corner to see the sign. We need to move the sign closer to Bloomfield Road.