- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
- Victims of alleged Ponzi scheme seek compensation from killer's victims (8/21/16)3
- Cape Central football team falls to state-ranked Liberty in Pixley's debut (8/20/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
Williams' Receive Musco Gives Back Award
From Missouri Park and Recreation Association News Release
Missouri Park and Recreation Association has announced that Scott and Penny Williams from the Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department have been given the Musco Give Back Award for 2012. Sponsored by the Musco Lighting Company, this award recognizes exceptional service, and was presented at the Association's annual conference last week at the Lodge of Four Seasons, Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri.
Employees for over 20 years, Mr. and Mrs. Williams are known for their commitment to individuals and families with special needs, particularly in the hosting of the Special Olympics State Outdoor Championships. An event that brings over 700 athletes in the fall and 300 in the spring, Scott and Penny make this event not only possible, but successful -- and one that brings significant economic benefit to the local community.
In nominating the Williams', Parks and Recreation Directory Julia Thompson says, "Over 1100 families have benefitted through the selfless commitment of these two individuals who dedicate their time, talent and treasures to ensure that youth and adults of all abilities can enjoy sports, socialization, motor skill enhancement and just plain fun!"
MPRA is a 501(c)(3) association which provided education and advocacy for parks and recreation and is headquartered in Jefferson City.