- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)14
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)13
- Juvenile accused of stealing, damaging playground statue (1/9/17)25
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Business notebook: Faithfully Fed aims for more than just food (1/9/17)4
Williams' Receive Musco Gives Back Award
From Missouri Park and Recreation Association News Release
Missouri Park and Recreation Association has announced that Scott and Penny Williams from the Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department have been given the Musco Give Back Award for 2012. Sponsored by the Musco Lighting Company, this award recognizes exceptional service, and was presented at the Association's annual conference last week at the Lodge of Four Seasons, Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri.
Employees for over 20 years, Mr. and Mrs. Williams are known for their commitment to individuals and families with special needs, particularly in the hosting of the Special Olympics State Outdoor Championships. An event that brings over 700 athletes in the fall and 300 in the spring, Scott and Penny make this event not only possible, but successful -- and one that brings significant economic benefit to the local community.
In nominating the Williams', Parks and Recreation Directory Julia Thompson says, "Over 1100 families have benefitted through the selfless commitment of these two individuals who dedicate their time, talent and treasures to ensure that youth and adults of all abilities can enjoy sports, socialization, motor skill enhancement and just plain fun!"
MPRA is a 501(c)(3) association which provided education and advocacy for parks and recreation and is headquartered in Jefferson City.