- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)7
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
- Chaffee district seeks bond issue for classrooms, property (3/26/17)4
- 'Construction with finesse' (3/26/17)2
- Cramped quarters: April 4 proposition aims to ease crowding in Perry County District Schools (3/23/17)4
Williams' Receive Musco Gives Back Award
From Missouri Park and Recreation Association News Release
Missouri Park and Recreation Association has announced that Scott and Penny Williams from the Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department have been given the Musco Give Back Award for 2012. Sponsored by the Musco Lighting Company, this award recognizes exceptional service, and was presented at the Association's annual conference last week at the Lodge of Four Seasons, Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri.
Employees for over 20 years, Mr. and Mrs. Williams are known for their commitment to individuals and families with special needs, particularly in the hosting of the Special Olympics State Outdoor Championships. An event that brings over 700 athletes in the fall and 300 in the spring, Scott and Penny make this event not only possible, but successful -- and one that brings significant economic benefit to the local community.
In nominating the Williams', Parks and Recreation Directory Julia Thompson says, "Over 1100 families have benefitted through the selfless commitment of these two individuals who dedicate their time, talent and treasures to ensure that youth and adults of all abilities can enjoy sports, socialization, motor skill enhancement and just plain fun!"
MPRA is a 501(c)(3) association which provided education and advocacy for parks and recreation and is headquartered in Jefferson City.