- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)3
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)1
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Oran town board fired officer before hiring him as police chief; city officials say they can't remember reason for firing (6/25/17)3
- Library provides free lunches this summer (6/19/17)
- Jackson School District giving away bricks from 'Old A' building (6/23/17)2
Best in Nursing nominations
Ever had a nurse put you at ease during a doctor's visit? What about one that has provided in-home care for you and loved one? Or maybe you work in the health care field and now a nurse who goes above and beyond for her patients.
We're looking for the best nurses in Southeast Missouri. Email your nominates to editor Heather Collier at email@example.com by March 16. Tell us the nominee's name, where she works, contact information and, of course, what makes her the best! Be sure to include Best in Nursing in the subject line!
Here are the details:
* The nominee must be a registered nurse or licensed practical nurse
* All nominees must be currently licensed, practicing RNs or LPNs.
* Nominees may work in any field of medicine. They may be employed in private practices, at a hospital, nursing home, in-home care or other medical facility or health care setting.
* Nominees must reside and work in Cape Girardeau, Scott, Bollinger or Perry counties.
Selection & recognition
* If available, provide a curriculum vitae or bio with education background, experience and honors/awards. If unavailable, publication staff members will contact nominee for this information.
* Recipients will be selected by publication staff members based on the nomination information.
* Finalists will be featured in the May 2012 issue of Flourish.