- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Sgt. Joshua Born
OLIVE BRANCH, Ill. -- Sgt. Joshua A. Born, 25, of Niceville, Fla., died Thursday, Feb. 23, 2012, while serving our country in Afghanistan.
He was born Dec. 4, 1986, at Eglin Air Force Base, Fla. He was united in marriage to Megan Myrick on June 6, 2010.
Josh was a member of the 549th Military Police Company stationed at Fort Stewart, Ga.
He is survived by his wife, Megan of Olive Branch; mother, Beth Croft of Fort Walton Beach, Fla.; father, Craig Born of Niceville; paternal grandmother, Meta Born of Winchester, Ky.; maternal grandmother, Nancy (Mike) Lave of Denver; maternal grandfather, Henry Stelzer of Coeur d'Alene, Idaho; aunts, uncles, other relatives and many friends.
Visitation will be from 3 to 8 p.m. Monday at Crain Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with John Windings officiating. Interment will be in Mound City National Cemetery in Mound City, Ill., with full military honors.
Memorials may be made to the family to prepare care packages for Josh's unit and will be accepted at the funeral home.
To leave online condolences, please visit www.crainsonline.com.