- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)4
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)42
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)3
Southeast Missourian Player of the week: Jackson's Danielle Daume
Jackson junior Danielle Daume remembered the pain and heartbreak from last season's Class 5 District 1 final.
"That was hard," Daume said after Friday's Class 5 District 1 title game. "We just came in tonight and didn't want that to happen again. I think that was driving us."
Daume played a pivotal role in not letting history repeat itself.
Daume scored 18 points to help the Indians defeat Poplar Bluff 58-39 to capture the district crown.
Jackson only made 15 shots in the district title game, but eight of them were 3-pointers. Daume made three of them.
"Special things happen in big games," she said.
Daume also found success from long range in her team's semifinal win. She hit four 3-pointers and finished with 16 points in Jackson's 62-36 win over Seckman.
The Indians now turn their attention to the sectional round. They will face St. Joseph's Academy at 6 p.m. today at the Farmington Civic Center.