- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)3
- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- How the story of one dog is helping others (9/14/17)1
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- Eyewitnesses testify about fatal shooting; men were using drugs, alcohol (9/14/17)
- Jury finds Harris guilty of murder, 3 other counts (9/15/17)4
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)2
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
Good Samaritan: David Barberis Sr.
David does his best to entertain all residents at the Luthern Home, Jackson Manor, Cheateau Girardeau, Veterans Home and Chaffee Nursing Center. I have seen some of these residents come (alive) when the music starts. Some can only move one hand to keep time with the music but they do. Some with alzheimers start singing along with the older tunes they are hearing. His music just takes the older folks back to another time before they were unable to move or remember songs. He always visits with the residents after his show, just to say hi and thank them for listening. I think he is a very Good Samaritan for doing this for our family and friends and maybe for us someday!