- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)34
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)15
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
Good Samaritan: David Barberis Sr.
David does his best to entertain all residents at the Luthern Home, Jackson Manor, Cheateau Girardeau, Veterans Home and Chaffee Nursing Center. I have seen some of these residents come (alive) when the music starts. Some can only move one hand to keep time with the music but they do. Some with alzheimers start singing along with the older tunes they are hearing. His music just takes the older folks back to another time before they were unable to move or remember songs. He always visits with the residents after his show, just to say hi and thank them for listening. I think he is a very Good Samaritan for doing this for our family and friends and maybe for us someday!