- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Committee to start planning process for indoor aquatic center in Cape (6/20/18)1
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- Mother, child reportedly hit by car in Cape Girardeau (6/18/18)
Cape Board Member achieves advanced certification
Mr. Don Call, a member of the Cape Girardeau Board of Education, has achieved Advanced Certification in the Missouri School Boards' Association certified board member program. The program established by MSBA helps local school board members master the knowledge and skills they need to function as effective educational leaders in their communities.
All newly-elected school board members must complete a basic 16-hour program required under the Outstanding Schools Act of 1993. Those members achieving Advanced Certification choose to complete additional professional development requirements covering topics such as school finance, parliamentary procedures, board operations, and policy making.
The Missouri Schools Boards' Association is a private, not-for-profit organization that exists to help public schools succeed.
Call joined the Cape School Board in 2010. He is a member of the Cape Central High School class of 1966. He has been Superintendent of Schools at Advance, Sparta and Strafford, MO