- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)25
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Cape Board Member achieves advanced certification
Mr. Don Call, a member of the Cape Girardeau Board of Education, has achieved Advanced Certification in the Missouri School Boards' Association certified board member program. The program established by MSBA helps local school board members master the knowledge and skills they need to function as effective educational leaders in their communities.
All newly-elected school board members must complete a basic 16-hour program required under the Outstanding Schools Act of 1993. Those members achieving Advanced Certification choose to complete additional professional development requirements covering topics such as school finance, parliamentary procedures, board operations, and policy making.
The Missouri Schools Boards' Association is a private, not-for-profit organization that exists to help public schools succeed.
Call joined the Cape School Board in 2010. He is a member of the Cape Central High School class of 1966. He has been Superintendent of Schools at Advance, Sparta and Strafford, MO