- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- Cape attorney Brandon Cooper to run for judge (11/20/17)2
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Aldi store reopens after renovations (11/14/17)3
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- The Tungsten Groove to release first album featuring original songs (11/17/17)
- Son of Westboro Baptist Church patriarch discusses abuse, faith (11/15/17)6
- 1 dead, 3 hurt in accident on Highway 72 (11/19/17)
Cape Board Member achieves advanced certification
Mr. Don Call, a member of the Cape Girardeau Board of Education, has achieved Advanced Certification in the Missouri School Boards' Association certified board member program. The program established by MSBA helps local school board members master the knowledge and skills they need to function as effective educational leaders in their communities.
All newly-elected school board members must complete a basic 16-hour program required under the Outstanding Schools Act of 1993. Those members achieving Advanced Certification choose to complete additional professional development requirements covering topics such as school finance, parliamentary procedures, board operations, and policy making.
The Missouri Schools Boards' Association is a private, not-for-profit organization that exists to help public schools succeed.
Call joined the Cape School Board in 2010. He is a member of the Cape Central High School class of 1966. He has been Superintendent of Schools at Advance, Sparta and Strafford, MO