- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)7
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Man convicted of Perryville convenience-store heist (9/21/16)
Cape Board Member achieves advanced certification
Mr. Don Call, a member of the Cape Girardeau Board of Education, has achieved Advanced Certification in the Missouri School Boards' Association certified board member program. The program established by MSBA helps local school board members master the knowledge and skills they need to function as effective educational leaders in their communities.
All newly-elected school board members must complete a basic 16-hour program required under the Outstanding Schools Act of 1993. Those members achieving Advanced Certification choose to complete additional professional development requirements covering topics such as school finance, parliamentary procedures, board operations, and policy making.
The Missouri Schools Boards' Association is a private, not-for-profit organization that exists to help public schools succeed.
Call joined the Cape School Board in 2010. He is a member of the Cape Central High School class of 1966. He has been Superintendent of Schools at Advance, Sparta and Strafford, MO