- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)3
- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- How the story of one dog is helping others (9/14/17)1
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- Eyewitnesses testify about fatal shooting; men were using drugs, alcohol (9/14/17)
- Jury finds Harris guilty of murder, 3 other counts (9/15/17)4
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)2
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
Cape Board Member achieves advanced certification
Mr. Don Call, a member of the Cape Girardeau Board of Education, has achieved Advanced Certification in the Missouri School Boards' Association certified board member program. The program established by MSBA helps local school board members master the knowledge and skills they need to function as effective educational leaders in their communities.
All newly-elected school board members must complete a basic 16-hour program required under the Outstanding Schools Act of 1993. Those members achieving Advanced Certification choose to complete additional professional development requirements covering topics such as school finance, parliamentary procedures, board operations, and policy making.
The Missouri Schools Boards' Association is a private, not-for-profit organization that exists to help public schools succeed.
Call joined the Cape School Board in 2010. He is a member of the Cape Central High School class of 1966. He has been Superintendent of Schools at Advance, Sparta and Strafford, MO