- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)3
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)1
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Oran town board fired officer before hiring him as police chief; city officials say they can't remember reason for firing (6/25/17)3
- Library provides free lunches this summer (6/19/17)
- Jackson School District giving away bricks from 'Old A' building (6/23/17)2
News International executive chair resigns from post
LONDON -- Rupert Murdoch's News Corp. said James Murdoch is stepping down as executive chairman of the company's U.K. newspaper arm.
News Corp. said Wednesday James Murdoch has relinquished his position to focus on the company's international TV business.
James Murdoch and his role at the company have come under scrutiny amid Britain's phone-hacking scandal at Murdoch-owned titles.