- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
Cape Girardeau Boys Youth Baseball Register Now
Register your child now for the 2012 Boys Youth Baseball League. Games begin in late April and continue through June at the Arena Park baseball fields.
The league will have the following age divisions:
Instructional (T-ball) Ages 5-6
Instructional (T-ball/Coaches Pitch) Age 7
Instructional (T-ball/Coaches Pitch) Age 8
Youth Pitch Age 9
Youth Pitch Age 10
Youth Pitch Age 11-12
Registration forms are available at the A. C. Brase Arena and Osage Centre. Entry fee for ages 5-8 is $55, and ages 9-12 is $65. The deadline is March 15.
"The entry fee covers costs for a 10-or-more game schedule, uniform shirt, cap, Babe Ruth/Cal Ripken team registration, and all team playing equipment excluding bats and gloves," says Recreation Coordinator Tony Weatherby.
Pre-season evaluation day for players ages 9-12 at the Shawnee Sports Complex will include hitting, fielding, throwing, base running and pitching (if interested), on the following dates and times:
Saturday, March 17 1-3 p.m.
Tuesday, March 20 5:30-7 p.m.
Saturday, March 24 1-3 p.m.
Tuesday, March 27 5:30-7 p.m.
Players should come equipped to play on one of the dates above.
Registration forms may also be completed during Sign Up Saturday on March 10 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., at the Osage Centre, or from the City's website.
Head and assistant coaches, and team sponsors are needed for the league. Contact Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation for more information: 573-339-6340 or cityofcape.org/parks.