- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)27
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)8
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
Cape Girardeau Boys Youth Baseball Register Now
Register your child now for the 2012 Boys Youth Baseball League. Games begin in late April and continue through June at the Arena Park baseball fields.
The league will have the following age divisions:
Instructional (T-ball) Ages 5-6
Instructional (T-ball/Coaches Pitch) Age 7
Instructional (T-ball/Coaches Pitch) Age 8
Youth Pitch Age 9
Youth Pitch Age 10
Youth Pitch Age 11-12
Registration forms are available at the A. C. Brase Arena and Osage Centre. Entry fee for ages 5-8 is $55, and ages 9-12 is $65. The deadline is March 15.
"The entry fee covers costs for a 10-or-more game schedule, uniform shirt, cap, Babe Ruth/Cal Ripken team registration, and all team playing equipment excluding bats and gloves," says Recreation Coordinator Tony Weatherby.
Pre-season evaluation day for players ages 9-12 at the Shawnee Sports Complex will include hitting, fielding, throwing, base running and pitching (if interested), on the following dates and times:
Saturday, March 17 1-3 p.m.
Tuesday, March 20 5:30-7 p.m.
Saturday, March 24 1-3 p.m.
Tuesday, March 27 5:30-7 p.m.
Players should come equipped to play on one of the dates above.
Registration forms may also be completed during Sign Up Saturday on March 10 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., at the Osage Centre, or from the City's website.
Head and assistant coaches, and team sponsors are needed for the league. Contact Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation for more information: 573-339-6340 or cityofcape.org/parks.