- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)5
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Cape couple turns their home into cozy, comfortable music venue (4/24/17)
- Perryville family organizing bone-marrow drive Friday for ailing 6-year-old boy (4/26/17)
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Sikeston man charged in shooting death of Cape man (4/23/17)
Opening Reception: Randy Slinkard and Jan VonBokel
CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO-- This Friday, Mar. 2, from 5 to 9 p.m., the Southeast Missouri Arts Council will be hosting a reception for artists Jan VonBokel and Randy Slinkard. Their exhibits will be on display until Mar. 31 in the Lorimier Gallery and Gallery 100 at the Arts Council, and will feature many large abstract pieces, as well as some smaller items such as pillows, and clothing made using textiles that display abstract prints.
Paintings by Jan VonBokel, a resident of Effingham, IL, have been exhibited in solo and group exhibitions in galleries and museums throughout the mid-west. Her work can also be found in both public and corporate collections. She has received numerous awards and honors for her work. Currently, Jan works at her studio in Effingham where she teaches art, conducts workshops, andoperates a working gallery. Jan's art can be viewed at www.janvonbokel.com and her unique line of original art for the outdoor patio can be viewed at www.patiopaintings.com.
Randy Slinkard is originally from Southeast Missouri and currently resides in Mt. Juliet, TN. Randy works in the construction industry and has lived and traveled extensively across the South. When not working, he paints out of a home studio using a small converted bedroom to paint large-scale works. Large acrylic color fields and abstracted work are his primary themes.
Food for this reception will generously be supplied by the Cape Girardeau Visitor's Bureau to promote the Cape Girardeau Storytelling Festival, which is scheduled for April 13, 14 and 15 of this year. Wine will also be available, provided by Major Brands, and offered to visitors for a small donation.
Come join other arts patrons and supporters in welcoming Jan VonBokel and Randy Slinkard this Friday at the Arts Council of Southeast Missouri, located at 32 North Main Street in Cape Girardeau, MO. The gallery is also open Tuesday- Saturday, from 10am to 4pm.