- Fake UFC event listing stirs the pot at local Golden Corral (2/10/18)3
- Charges filed in Sunday murder; suspects in custody (2/14/18)2
- University Foundation to honor Talberts as Friends of the University (2/13/18)2
- Major case squad activated to investigate shooting death in Cape (2/13/18)
- Lovebirds for 80 years give advice: Trust, patience and 'Tell 'em you love 'em' (2/14/18)2
- Jackson schools to install artificial turf on football, soccer fields (2/14/18)
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Area restaurants plan for those observing Lent on Valentine's Day (2/12/18)
Opening Reception: Randy Slinkard and Jan VonBokel
CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO-- This Friday, Mar. 2, from 5 to 9 p.m., the Southeast Missouri Arts Council will be hosting a reception for artists Jan VonBokel and Randy Slinkard. Their exhibits will be on display until Mar. 31 in the Lorimier Gallery and Gallery 100 at the Arts Council, and will feature many large abstract pieces, as well as some smaller items such as pillows, and clothing made using textiles that display abstract prints.
Paintings by Jan VonBokel, a resident of Effingham, IL, have been exhibited in solo and group exhibitions in galleries and museums throughout the mid-west. Her work can also be found in both public and corporate collections. She has received numerous awards and honors for her work. Currently, Jan works at her studio in Effingham where she teaches art, conducts workshops, andoperates a working gallery. Jan's art can be viewed at www.janvonbokel.com and her unique line of original art for the outdoor patio can be viewed at www.patiopaintings.com.
Randy Slinkard is originally from Southeast Missouri and currently resides in Mt. Juliet, TN. Randy works in the construction industry and has lived and traveled extensively across the South. When not working, he paints out of a home studio using a small converted bedroom to paint large-scale works. Large acrylic color fields and abstracted work are his primary themes.
Food for this reception will generously be supplied by the Cape Girardeau Visitor's Bureau to promote the Cape Girardeau Storytelling Festival, which is scheduled for April 13, 14 and 15 of this year. Wine will also be available, provided by Major Brands, and offered to visitors for a small donation.
Come join other arts patrons and supporters in welcoming Jan VonBokel and Randy Slinkard this Friday at the Arts Council of Southeast Missouri, located at 32 North Main Street in Cape Girardeau, MO. The gallery is also open Tuesday- Saturday, from 10am to 4pm.