- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/21/16)4
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)1
Opening Reception: Randy Slinkard and Jan VonBokel
CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO-- This Friday, Mar. 2, from 5 to 9 p.m., the Southeast Missouri Arts Council will be hosting a reception for artists Jan VonBokel and Randy Slinkard. Their exhibits will be on display until Mar. 31 in the Lorimier Gallery and Gallery 100 at the Arts Council, and will feature many large abstract pieces, as well as some smaller items such as pillows, and clothing made using textiles that display abstract prints.
Paintings by Jan VonBokel, a resident of Effingham, IL, have been exhibited in solo and group exhibitions in galleries and museums throughout the mid-west. Her work can also be found in both public and corporate collections. She has received numerous awards and honors for her work. Currently, Jan works at her studio in Effingham where she teaches art, conducts workshops, andoperates a working gallery. Jan's art can be viewed at www.janvonbokel.com and her unique line of original art for the outdoor patio can be viewed at www.patiopaintings.com.
Randy Slinkard is originally from Southeast Missouri and currently resides in Mt. Juliet, TN. Randy works in the construction industry and has lived and traveled extensively across the South. When not working, he paints out of a home studio using a small converted bedroom to paint large-scale works. Large acrylic color fields and abstracted work are his primary themes.
Food for this reception will generously be supplied by the Cape Girardeau Visitor's Bureau to promote the Cape Girardeau Storytelling Festival, which is scheduled for April 13, 14 and 15 of this year. Wine will also be available, provided by Major Brands, and offered to visitors for a small donation.
Come join other arts patrons and supporters in welcoming Jan VonBokel and Randy Slinkard this Friday at the Arts Council of Southeast Missouri, located at 32 North Main Street in Cape Girardeau, MO. The gallery is also open Tuesday- Saturday, from 10am to 4pm.