- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)7
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)21
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- Former KFVS12 reporter talks about recovery from eating disorder (2/23/17)11
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)13
- Two men crack market with local cage-free eggs (2/26/17)6
Good Samaritan: Steve Lee
We would like to nominate our neighbor, Mr. Steve Lee, for your Good Samaritan Award. He certainly fits this title and we are blessed to have him as a neighbor and friend. Here are just a few of the things he does to help others:
Just recently Cape had a snow, we woke up to a strange noise, and it was Steve Lee blowing snow off our drive way and our neighbors' drive way. He often mows lawns for others and trims too. The kids in the neighborhood love "Mr. Steve" and he is known for having a hot dog barbecue for them on the first day of school.
He helps at his church (St. James A.M.E.), drive friends to doctors in St. Louis, is a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society, cares for his mom and other family members. He is called "handy man" by some of his family.