- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Good Samaritan: Steve Lee
We would like to nominate our neighbor, Mr. Steve Lee, for your Good Samaritan Award. He certainly fits this title and we are blessed to have him as a neighbor and friend. Here are just a few of the things he does to help others:
Just recently Cape had a snow, we woke up to a strange noise, and it was Steve Lee blowing snow off our drive way and our neighbors' drive way. He often mows lawns for others and trims too. The kids in the neighborhood love "Mr. Steve" and he is known for having a hot dog barbecue for them on the first day of school.
He helps at his church (St. James A.M.E.), drive friends to doctors in St. Louis, is a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society, cares for his mom and other family members. He is called "handy man" by some of his family.