- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)3
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
Good Samaritan: Steve Lee
We would like to nominate our neighbor, Mr. Steve Lee, for your Good Samaritan Award. He certainly fits this title and we are blessed to have him as a neighbor and friend. Here are just a few of the things he does to help others:
Just recently Cape had a snow, we woke up to a strange noise, and it was Steve Lee blowing snow off our drive way and our neighbors' drive way. He often mows lawns for others and trims too. The kids in the neighborhood love "Mr. Steve" and he is known for having a hot dog barbecue for them on the first day of school.
He helps at his church (St. James A.M.E.), drive friends to doctors in St. Louis, is a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society, cares for his mom and other family members. He is called "handy man" by some of his family.