- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Federal jury finds surgeon Fonn guilty of kickback scheme (11/10/17)4
- Jackson elementary students try to help others with 'kindness boxes' (11/6/17)1
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- Aldi store reopens after renovations (11/14/17)3
- Chantelle Becking strives to make a difference through her family and community (11/10/17)
- Residents view pedestrian bridge as eyesore; city manager says it's designed to rust (11/13/17)8
- Cape County boy writes letter, hears from President Donald Trump (11/10/17)
- Medical marijuana may go to voters for decision (11/8/17)4
- Fourth-grade teacher Andrea Cox teaches students how to code, adapt to new technology (11/10/17)
Good Samaritan: Steve Lee
We would like to nominate our neighbor, Mr. Steve Lee, for your Good Samaritan Award. He certainly fits this title and we are blessed to have him as a neighbor and friend. Here are just a few of the things he does to help others:
Just recently Cape had a snow, we woke up to a strange noise, and it was Steve Lee blowing snow off our drive way and our neighbors' drive way. He often mows lawns for others and trims too. The kids in the neighborhood love "Mr. Steve" and he is known for having a hot dog barbecue for them on the first day of school.
He helps at his church (St. James A.M.E.), drive friends to doctors in St. Louis, is a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society, cares for his mom and other family members. He is called "handy man" by some of his family.