- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- MCA calls for protection of those found not guilty of animal abuse (1/10/18)2
- Scaling up: Long John Silver's adding an A&W (1/10/18)3
- Southeast to cut workforce to meet budget needs caused by state cuts (1/10/18)7
- Word to your superintendent: Glass rocks Vanilla Ice parody to announce cancellation (1/13/18)2
- Business Notebook: New rooftop restaurant to be atop Marquette Tower (1/8/18)2
- Jackson Area Chamber of Commerce recognizes commitment to community at annual awards banquet (1/13/18)
- Church, businesses set up pop-up homeless shelter as winter storm approaches (1/12/18)1
- Plaintiffs' attorney wants jury to see basement steps at Cape courthouse (1/10/18)
Good Samaritan: Steve Lee
We would like to nominate our neighbor, Mr. Steve Lee, for your Good Samaritan Award. He certainly fits this title and we are blessed to have him as a neighbor and friend. Here are just a few of the things he does to help others:
Just recently Cape had a snow, we woke up to a strange noise, and it was Steve Lee blowing snow off our drive way and our neighbors' drive way. He often mows lawns for others and trims too. The kids in the neighborhood love "Mr. Steve" and he is known for having a hot dog barbecue for them on the first day of school.
He helps at his church (St. James A.M.E.), drive friends to doctors in St. Louis, is a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society, cares for his mom and other family members. He is called "handy man" by some of his family.