- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Former Chaffee officer faces DWI charge (8/20/17)2
- 'Love, not hate': Area residents gather to sing, talk about racial issues after violence in Charlottesville (8/14/17)89
Tax cut not paid for
Hold everything! There is too much celebration over the big compromise between Democrats and Republicans to extend the payroll tax cut and continue the unemployment benefits.
Because the deal is not paid for. The $150 billion costs are simply added to the annual deficit and the public debt. The deal just moves us closer to government default on the public debt and the mob rule that will soon follow.
We (the media, the politicians and the people) must wake up.
BILL D. BURLISON, Wardell, Mo.