- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)25
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)16
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
Tax cut not paid for
Hold everything! There is too much celebration over the big compromise between Democrats and Republicans to extend the payroll tax cut and continue the unemployment benefits.
Because the deal is not paid for. The $150 billion costs are simply added to the annual deficit and the public debt. The deal just moves us closer to government default on the public debt and the mob rule that will soon follow.
We (the media, the politicians and the people) must wake up.
BILL D. BURLISON, Wardell, Mo.