- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Dorothy Lee Lambert Williams, 79, of Searcy, Ark., died Saturday, Feb. 25, 2012, at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Medical Center in Little Rock.
She was born Feb. 13, 1933, in Sikeston, to the late Reno and Flora Mae Lambert.
Dorothy graduated from Blodgett High School. She was a beautician many years. She attended Louisiana State University in Alexandria. Her greatest role was being a wife, mother and grandmother. Her favorite hobbies included gardening, reading and traveling. She attended the College Church of Christ in Searcy.
She and Wendell Williams were married July 26, 1953, in Sikeston.
She was preceded in death by a brother, Gary Lambert; brother-in-law, Pete Morphis; and sister-in-law, Kimiko Williams.
Survivors include two daughters, Beverly and husband Ron Marble of Oklahoma, Linda and husband Paul Benjamin of Louisiana; a son, Joe Williams and wife Michelle of Louisiana; three sisters, Christine Miller of Sikeston, Jean and husband Dave Sitzes of Poplar Bluff, Mo., Helen Morphis of Horseshoe Bend, Ark.; four brothers, Bill Lambert and wife Marylyn of Marquand, Mo., Kenny Lambert and wife Betty of Hemphill, Texas, Danny Lambert and wife Joyce of Sikeston, Dennis Lambert and wife Jane of Benton, Mo.
Also 13 grandchildren, Jason and wife Stephanie Marble, Justin and wife Katy Marble, Mallory and husband Seth Crews, John Marble, Jody Marble, Patrick Marble, Brock Marble, Betsy and husband Willie Mayes, Jenny and husband Robert Shelton, Abbey Williams, Joey Williams, Lindsay Benjamin, and Chris Benjamin; seven great-grandchildren; two very dear brothers-in-law, Ronnie and wife Betty Williams and Larry and wife Shirley Williams; a special and loved daughter-in-law, Lynne Lacefield Williams; along with numerous other nieces, nephews, other relatives and many dear and beloved friends.
Pallbearers will be grandsons Jason Marble, Justin Marble, John Marble, Chris Benjamin, Joey Williams, Jody Marble, Patrick Marble and Brock Marble. Honorary pallbearers will be Bill Littleton and John Scarbrough.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Nunnelee Funeral Chapel.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at the chapel, with Pat Hogan, minister at Shady Acres Church of Christ, officiating. Assisting will be a grandson, John Marble. Burial will be in Blodgett Cemetery.
Memorial contributions in her name may be made to the Children's Home Inc., 5515 Walcott Road, Paragould, AR 72450-3319.