- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)2
Cape Girardeau Schools Kindergarten Screening
The Cape Girardeau School District will host Kindergarten enrollment and screening March 12-15 for all children who will be attending kindergarten for the 2012-2013 school year. To be eligible for kindergarten, children must turn 5 years of age on or before July 31, 2012.
Parents are asked to bring a copy of your child's immunization record, birth certificate, child's social security number and proof of address (utility or cable bill). Please call the Parents as Teachers office at 651-3703 to set up your child's screening appointment. NO WALK INS WILL BE ACCEPTED. The screening takes approximately 1 1/2 hours,and will be held at 301 N. Clark St., room 214.