- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Julia Louise Payne, 78, of Chaffee passed away Thursday, Feb. 23, 2012, at the home of a daughter.
She was born Oct. 7, 1933, at Chaffee, to the late Wesley and Julia Ester Alsobrook Speck. She and Bob Payne were married May 4, 1956.
Julia was a member of First Baptist Church in Chaffee.
Survivors include her husband, Bob, of the family home; two sons, Steven Payne of Jackson, Kevin Payne of Chaffee; two daughters, Julia Kirk of Benton, Mo., Kimberly Bothel of Chaffee; a sister, Karen Cuzzort of Clinton Township, Mich.; eight grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
A private graveside service will be held at Union Park Cemetery, with the Rev. Jack Bishop officiating.
In lieu of flowers, the family would like donations to be made to Southeast Hospice.