- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Canedy Sign & Graphics
Year established: 1937
Product or services offered: All types of indoor, outdoor and vinyl graphic signage products
Number of employees: 35
Location: 4857 Nash Road, Cape Girardeau, MO
Describe your business/occupation in exactly five words: Canedy CAN get you noticed!
What is your vision for your business and/or your industry in 2012?
Ellis Bradshaw, general manager: Our Vision is to continue to improve processes that make us more efficient at manufacturing and installing signage. Canedy Sign's success is dependent on one priority -- YOU! Specifically this means getting YOU noticed by those YOU want to have notice YOU in a way that makes YOU look great!
How has technology changed your business in recent years? Was it difficult to adapt to the changing technology?
EB: LED lighting helps with energy savings. Animated Message Centers get information to the public in a modern, efficient and attention getting manner. Also, Digital graphics applied to materials for vehicle wraps, window advertisement etc. Adapting required investing in equipment and training staff members and understanding how these compliment more traditional signage products.
What are some lessons that you learned at a young age that still apply in your business philosophy today?
EB: Honesty, hard work, dedication, focus, being thankful for our blessings on a daily basis, NEVER give up because anything is possible, ALWAYS attempt to treat others as THEY wish to be treated and be fair in all dealing with others.