- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Cape Medical Weight Loss
Year Established: 2009
Number of employees 10
Location: 2131 William Street, Cape Girardeau
What is your vision for Cape Medical Weight Loss in 2012?
Mary Janes, owner: We have a new slogan, "Change Your Body--Change Your Life!" Losing weight can certainly make a tremendous improvement in how you look, but our vision goes deeper than that. The changes our members make here can literally save their lives. We have many patients whose doctors are able to take them off diabetic, high blood pressure and other medications when they complete our weight loss program. Our mission and vision is to support them all the way along the road to a healthier and happier life.
How does teamwork figure in that mission?
MJ: We couldn't have helped our members lose nearly 30,000 lbs without a team approach.
Every phase of the plan is explained in depth--how it works and what to expect. Our members know they can call or visit for support. Each of them has my personal cell if they need to call. I've lost and kept off 75 pounds myself and I know how important that support can be.
What is the most satisfying part of your work?
MJ: It is helping people find the power within them to change for the better. It is very happy work.